The warmth to weight ratio has earned this jacket its name. This is because it is designed in such a way that it offers exceptional warmth with very minimal weight so that the wearer can enjoy comfort even when wearing it for long periods. The Mountain Hardwear Men’s Micro Ratio Down Jacket, the best snowboard jackets comes with a nylon shell that is water resistant, and the interior is filled with plush down feathers making it very warm. The q-shield feathers ensure that the jacket does not lose loft and the ability to maintain warmth even when it is wet, thus making it an excellent choice for all kinds of rainy conditions. This is unlike many traditional down jackets which tend to lose warmth and loft when it rains.
The Q shield down, resists moisture that robs you off the heat. The jacket also features a Mock style collar to offer wearer extra warmth all around the neck. The dual hem draw-cords offer easy adjustments of the body fabric fly. It is 100% nylon making it extremely good for wet conditions because it keeps the water out. It is indeed a good choice for long days on your favorite trail. The body fabric features Hi-Five 30D Rip adding to the functionality of this down jacket.
The Mountain Hardwear Men’s Micro Ratio Down Jacket comes with a more tailored fit, making it very comfortable compared to if it had athletic or slim fit. It is considerably cheaper, and it does hold up pretty well in windy conditions. It also has hand pockets to ensure that your hands keep warm and comfortable under the different conditions.
- Maintains warmth in sunny and gray skies
- Hydrophobic down feather fill to retain warmth even when wet
- Nylon shell for water resistance during rainy days
- Dual hem drawcords for easy fly adjustments
- Mock style collar for added warmth around the neck
- Retains loft even when wet, so no warmth is lost
- Hi-Five 30D Rip body fabric
- Lightweight with superior warmth and comfort
- Easy to pack away in one of the pockets
- Poor in quality; the nylon is not as durable and reliable
- No interior zippered pocket
- Not very reliable in keeping the wearer dry, especially in significant precipitation
The Mountain Hardwear Men’s Micro Ratio Down Jacket in considerably affordable and with its warmth to weight ratio, you know you have a good deal going. However, there is a difference between a waterproof jacket and a water-resistant one; this jacket may not always manage to keep you dry even though the down feathers do ensure you remain very warm even when wet. It is an excellent choice for those looking for a quick fix against cold and rain. Availability of different sizes and colors easily meets with varying wearer’s preferences.
If you heat up during a long approach or on the push to the summit, just stuff the jacket inside one of its main hand pockets, throw it in your pack, and continue on your way.